I was on the lookout for a primer for my dry, very dry skin. I love makeup, as you know, but because my face is so incredibly dry, it looks quite awful on me if I’m not careful. I try my best, I’ve tried many things, but sometimes it still isn’t enough. The NIOD Photography Fluid sounded like a dream come true for my skin!
A novel approach to creating a foundation for skin that reflects even radiance in life and very specifically through the camera lens, this instant treatment is serum-textured but contains a wide array of light refracting prisms, tone and hue correctors and topical photo-finishing technologies to offer even radiance within seconds.
LIGHT REFRACTION TECHNOLOGIES
- Bio-Silica Photo Finishing Prisms Grades 3, 7, 9Multiple grades of next-generation ultra-fine particulates refract light in thousands of directions to create an immediately-noticed even tone to the skin.
- Nano-Prismatic Blurring SuspensionUltra-fine super-blurring suspension uses fine prisms to create a systematic confusion of a perfect-looking skin surface and to reduce the look of pores immediately.
CHROMATIC RADIANCE TECHNOLOGIES
- Nano-Prismatic Gold TechnologyDisappears immediately upon application with a natural golden hue as a foundation to healthy-looking, radiant skin.
- Patented Dragon Fruit Chromatic RefractorFirst-ever bio-fruit complex to provide immediate visible radiance to the skin as tested under multiple light conditions and under camera settings.
CAMERA HUE CORRECTION TECHNOLOGY
- Nano-Prismatic Yellow-Red Hue CorrectorSixth-generation, ultra-fine hue corrector blacks out red tones and minimizes undesirable yellow ones for skin that looks instantly better in life and on camera.
- Surface Mesh Adherence TechnologyOffers a breathing film that disallows perspiration-induced or unintended wash-off of other technologies in this product or those applied subsequently to this product.
- Oil-Free Hydration Bio-Sugar ComplexLight, instantly-absorbed, oil-free bio-complex is clinically proven to offer comfortable, lasting hydration to allow the corrective technologies in the product to be compatible with even the driest of skin types. – NIOD website
Now that’s a lot of claims! Let’s take a look at the ones I found most important, first of all hydration:
“Compatible with even the driest of skin types” is the biggest nonsense. This product delivers absolutely no hydration to my skin, even worse, it clings to my dry patches! It makes my skin look awful, as the product itself is really opaque and is white of tone, but has a yellow undertone. It looks absolutely awful when it clings to said dry patches. I can make it work if I combine it with other primers, but I don’t really want to do that? I want a product that’s just a one-and-done, especially one that is supposed to be so great.
Now, as for the claim it makes skin look better: it doesn’t. Ok, I have rosacea and I didn’t expect it to make it disappear, but it does claim to make redness less, so I expected it to make the lesser red parts of my face better, but it doesn’t at all. It makes my skin look really yellow, which is odd considering it says it should neutralise yellow tones, and it makes me look greasy. Me, greasy. Something that isn’t my thing ever.
The intentions of this product were amazing, it’s just a shame it just completely missed th mark on absolutely everything!