I love tags. There aren’t many people who actually read them, but I adore doing them. It’s just so much easier to answer questions than it is to write a review, even though I love doing it! Let’s start!
1. Do you get sick while reading in the car?
Yes, but I don’t get sick while reading in a train.
2. Which author’s writing style is completely unique to you and why?
Tarjei Vesaas’, his work is completely and utterly atmospheric. While reading you just feel it’s a rainy, cold, grey but wonderful Autumn afternoon. His writing is unlike anything I’ve ever read.
3. Harry Potter Series or the Twilight Saga? Give 3 points to defend your answer.
1. They are both overrated
2. There are better books out there
3. They aren’t special???
4. Do you carry a book bag? If so, what is it in (besides books…)?
5. Do you smell your books?
Only my really old books that used to be my mums, because they remind me of my childhood lol. That sounds so disturbing my woRD.
6. Books with or without little illustrations?
7. What book did you love while reading but discovered later it wasn’t quality writing?
I feel like a lot of classics are like this. Classics aren’t classics because of their writing, usually, but because of their stories. I love Anne of Green Gables, for example, but I won’t say the book(s) are the best ever written. Another great example is the Jackaby series. I absolutely LOVE the series, they are a lot of fun, but they are really badly written! That doesn’t mean I can’t enjoy them anymore, because I still love them and I still recommend them! 🙂
8. Do you have any funny stories involving books from your childhood? Please share!
Ok, I used to read so much that I needed to go to the library twice a week and get ten books each time. Whenever my parents wanted to punish me for anything, they would hide my books so I couldn’t read them!
9. What is the thinnest book on your shelf?
Ah, probably some picture books??? I really don’t know!
10. What is the thickest book on your shelf?
for page count:
In actual size:
11. Do you write as well as read? Do you see yourself in the future as being an author?
I’ve got two published works! My picture book is the most recent one!
12. When did you get into reading?
I’ve always enjoyed reading. My parents love to read as well and there are pictures of my mum, my uncle and my grandparents reading stories to me. As a child I used to read dinosaurus encyclopaedia to my brother, as he couldn’t read yet. I stopped reading as much when I was in high school, but for the last 4-ish years I really got back into reading!
13. What is your favorite classic book?
Now, all of us together: Little Women by Louisa May Alcott! Though, rivalling is Anne of Green Gables and Heidi.
14. In school was your best subject Language Arts/English?
Fun fact: when I went to high school in Australia, I was top student. I always got As, which my fellow students didn’t like too much haha!
English classes in the Netherlands are different than English classes in Australia. English for us Dutchies is how to learn the language, so we didn’t read anything in class. I wasn’t that amazing my Dutch classes as I’m really bad at spelling. I still am!
15. If you were given a book as a present that you had read before and hated…what would you do?
Save it to give to someone else! Or I will donate it or bring it to my local second hand book store.
16. What is a bad habit you always do (besides rambling) while blogging?
I tend to get too enthusiastic, I think! OOOOH and I tend to overuse the exclamation mark too much!
17. What is your favorite word?
I don’t have one, to be honest!
18. Are you a nerd, dork, or dweeb? Or all of the above?
I’m all of them.
19. Vampires or Fairies? Why?
Fairies! Vampires are overused and not that interesting, there’s no diversity in vampires. Fairies however are so diverse! I love folklore and there are so many different types of fairy!
20. Shapeshifters or Angels? Why?
I don’t think I’ve read anything with either in it! I guess shapeshifters, because they seem more interesting than angels.
21. Spirits or Werewolves? Why?
Spirits!! There are more interesting stories about spirits than there will ever be about werewolves.
22. Zombies or Vampires?
Zombies scare the living HECK out of me. Vampires are boring. So, neither?
23. Love Triangle or Forbidden Love
Hot take: love isn’t needed to make a book amazing!
24. AND FINALLY: Full on romance books or action-packed with a few love scenes mixed in?
Get rid of the romance and give me some kick ass people that safe the world!