I felt like doing a tag. I’m currently at home sick (long story short: I had a migraine, got to go to hospital because they thought I had meningitis, and on top of that I got the flu!) and I wanted to do something fun! So here’s another tag! 🙂
1. You have 20,000 books in your TBR, how in the world do you decide what to read next?
I’m a mood reader! Though, I pride myself in having a very small tbr (never more than 25 books) I always read what I feel like reading.
2. You’re halfway through a book and you’re just not loving it. Do you put it down or are you committed?
I’m not afraid to DNF a book, but sometimes I’m just that stubborn that I finish it, out of spite haha!
3. The end of the year is coming and you’re behind on your reading challenge, do you try to catch up? And if so, how?
YES! I can’t stand it to be behind, haha. If I want to catch up I read some picture books! Luckily, I’m currently way ahead of schedule and I haven’t failed in a few years.
4. The covers of a series you love do not match, how do you cope?
I DO NOT COPE. I currently have this issue with two of my Poirot books, they are a different cover than the rest of the 30 books and I will do anything to get those two in the right cover!! I haven’t found them yet though…
5. Everyone and their mother loves a book that you do not. Who do you bond with over your shared feelings?
My blog? I usually tell my boyfriend about the books I hate, but it doesn’t really happen that often where I have really intense feelings of dislike about books.
6. You’re reading a book in public and you’re about to start crying. How do you deal?
I really try to keep it in, because this happened to me a few times at work. I usually let two tears slip and then I just keep moving on, haha.
7. The sequel to a book you loved just came out but you’ve forgotten a lot of what happens. Are you going to reread it?
No, because I can’t be bothered, haha. If I really want to know what happened I’ll just re-read my review or just read other people’s reviews of the book!
8. You do not want anyone to borrow your books, how do you politely say no when someone asks?
I just tell them no because too many people have hurt my books and I don’t trust anyone with them anymore! Almost everyone understands haha.
9. You have picked up and put down 5 books in the last month. How do you get over this reading slump?
I honestly just start reading things I know I will love, like a Horrible Histories book or a detective by Agatha Christie. Usually I just ride it out, but luckily I usually only have a few weeks max that my slumps deprive me of reading, but that’s also usually to do with stress.
10. There are so many books coming out that you are dying to read, how many do you end up buying?
I currently have about 700 books on my Bookdepository wishlist. I wish I was joking, but I’m not. And I do want to read them all (which isn’t too ridiculous, considering I read 151 books last year!). I usually look at my list and think about what I feel like reading. So sometimes I feel like reading all the classics, and the next month I want to read all the middle grade. So I end up buying what I feel like reading and it depends on my budget how many I get! I usually get about 6 books a month, but if I’m reading a tonne, I will buy more because I’ve got nothing left to read. So I can’t really answer the question, haha!
11. After you purchase all of these books that you’re dying to read how long do they sit on your shelves before you get to them?
Again, it depends! Sometimes it’s a day, sometimes it’s a year. I just depends on what I feel like reading. Usually, it’s never longer than 2 months.
I hope you learned something new about me! I enjoy doing tags, especially when I’m bored haha.